You Know Youre from Ohio When...
- You've never met any celebrities.
- Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
- "Vacation" means driving through Hocking Hills or going to King's Island.
- You've seen all the biggest bands ten years after they were popular.
- You measure distance in minutes.
- Down south to you means Kentucky.
- You know several people who have hit a deer.
- Your school classes were canceled because of cold.
- Your school classes were canceled because of heat.
- You've ridden the school bus for an hour each way.
- You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
- You think ethanol makes your truck "run a lot better."
- You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July.
- Stores don't have bags; they have sacks.
- You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.
- You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it no matter what
time of the year.
- You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example:"Where's my coat
at?" or "If you go to the mall I wanna go with."
- All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, or grain.
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
- You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, beer, and Jell-O salad with
- You carry jumper cables in your car.
- You know what "cow tipping" or "Possum Kicking" is.
- You only own 3 spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup.
- You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
- You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
- You think sexy lingerie is tube socks and a flannel nightie.
- The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page but requires 6
pages for sports.
- You think that deer season is a national holiday.
- You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
- You find -20 degrees F "a little chilly".
- You know all 4 seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.
- You know what a real buckeye is, and have a recipe for candy ones.
- You know if another Ohioian is from southern, middle or northern Ohio as soon as they
open their mouth.
- You can spell words like Cuyahoga and Tuscarawas.
- You know that Serpent Mound was not made by snakes.
- You actually get these jokes and forward them to all your Ohio friends.
- Isn't it sad? You just said "yup" and "uh-huh" or aint that the
truth" to most of these!!!
Hal's Home Page